Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Tuesday, July 7, 2015

A Summer Treat

Hey, remember me?  I'm sorry I've been absent for so long.  I was contemplating discontinuing the blog permanently, but I've had a change of heart and so here I am!  My hope is that there are still a few followers around!  In an attempt to get back in every one's good graces, I'm posting a new pattern that I designed with my husband in mind.  There are very few people who love ice cream more than he does!  It stems, I believe, from when he was growing up and his family owned a milk exchange. They would buy milk from the local farmers and then they'd bottle it and deliver it.  In the summer, they'd operate an ice cream stand.  All of the ice cream was made by his family and drew crowds from all around. To this day, people who grew up enjoying their products, still talk about the ice cream.  My husband's favorite flavor was wintergreen and I guess it was popular with everyone else too. If I had a nickel for every time someone said that they loved that wintergreen, I'd be rich!

In any event, I hope you'll enjoy this simple cloth and will knit one or two up in your favorite flavors!
My granddaughter, Ruthie, loves strawberry ice cream.
The pdf files for the patterns are in the sidebar or you can just click here for the cloth and here for the bib.

My favorite?  Well, I love brownies.  Given a choice between a brownie and ice cream, I'll take the brownie every time!

 Have a happy and safe summer!