Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Wednesday, May 25, 2011

A Boy's Request!

As a general rule, I don't do special requests.  I get so many that it would just be impossible, so I take suggestions, but that's about it.  I'm not an artist, I just kind of doodle and come up with designs that please me.  Anyway, a reader, Andrea, wrote and told me that her little son was begging for a giraffe.  Now ordinarily I would give my usual spiel about special requests, however, it turns out that I actually had done one quite awhile ago.  It was all typed up and ready to be test knit (like a lot of my patterns are), but I thought this would be a good opportunity to move it up my list.  I agreed with one condition, that Andrea would have to test knit it!   That seemed like a fair trade.  She agreed and sent me a lovely picture of her cloth done in yellow.  I decided to test knit mine in butterscotch and red.














The red doesn't show up as well in pictures, but it does look cute in person.  The pdf files each contain a chart and are located in the sidebar.

Thanks go to Andrea for helping me out!  I hope her son was pleased.  I know my son just loved giraffes when he was little.  He had a little stuffed cotton one, named "Pal" that he carried everywhere!  Pal's pretty worn out and he now resides in the bottom drawer of my husband's dresser.  It's hard to believe that was over 35 years ago.  Oops, I wonder if my son will be annoyed that I told everyone how old he is!  Maybe I can appease him by giving him a giraffe cloth!

No comments: