Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Friday, March 19, 2010

The Last Hat of Winter

You must be getting tired of looking at hats by now, but I promise this is the last one....at least for awhile! I'm hoping that we won't need hats or mittens or scarfs or winter coats for a long time. Of course, I know better and so the snow shovel still is handy. Eliza specifically asked for an orange hat. I couldn't believe it. Orange? What happened to pink and purple? I welcomed the change though and, as luck would have it, I just happened to have a skein of Malabrigo worsted in "Glazed Carrot".
It took me awhile to find the perfect pattern, but then I came across this one on Ravelry. It's called "Sakura" and is for sale on Knitpicks . It's one of their instant downloads for $1.99. I just love the top of the hat. It looks like a blossom.
It was fairly easy to knit and Eliza just loves it. I think she's worn it everyday since I gave it to her. I even had enough yarn to make yet another pair of fingerless gloves.

I wouldn't be surprised if she asked me to make her another one next year! I think this is one pattern that I'll knit again and again. Eliza loves the Malabrigo and how soft it is! She kept rubbing the mitts against her cheek! I know the feeling. This is my most favorite yarn. I could just knit with it day in and day out.
Speaking of knitting day in and day out, I'm finishing up a brand new pattern that I hope to post very soon! If only cotton was as easy to knit with as that yummy Malabrigo!

2 comments:

Kathy... said...

Isn't it wonderful when your handknits are so loved!! Orange has always been a favorite of mine, and now it seems I am right in style! It's a hot color, as I understand. Malabrigo...yes yummy! She's one lucky gal - and I think she knows it!

Unknown said...

I love those orange fingerless gloves. Can you tell me where to find that pattern?