Updated patterns!

I'm in the process of updating my old patterns, particularly the bibs, to include charts. I'm rewriting some of the directions to make the patterns even easier and including alternative methods for beginning the bibs and for making the ties. Look for these patterns in the sidebar to see which ones have been added. It's a slow process, but eventually, they'll all be there!



Thursday, May 29, 2008

A Soaker or Two

I'm having so much fun knitting soakers. These things are so addictive! I hope Marty takes his sweet time when it comes to learning how to use a potty!! (Just kidding, Emily!) I wanted to make one with some color and so I just made this one up myself. I found the stitch pattern in one of Barbara Walker's books. It's a simple repeat, but because the yarn is stranded, it makes it doubly warm and, hopefully, doubly absorbent. I just started from the waist down, split for the legs and grafted it at the bottom. I just hope it will fit! I used my old faithful Cascade 220.

I also came up with another pattern of my own and made a soaker out of some Malabrigo worsted that I spotted at Webs. (When I die, I want to be buried with a skein of Malabrigo, and some needles.... just in case!) This is called "lime blue" and the colors are so much nicer in person! It's hard to get a picture with the true colors. I've made ribbed soakers in the round before, but I always started with the crotch and then joined front and back and worked my way to the top. This time, I started from the top down and, again, split for the legs and then grafted the bottom. I like this version much better. I think there is also more room in the backside than the others.

Next up, a really neat pair of pants with cables!

1 comment:

JustMe said...

Where are the patterns please?